THE GREAT RAILROAD CONSPIRACY
The railroad is ancient and in ruins, this is the dismissal story.
I came accross this while researching John Macy’s background, Macy was a central character in Helen Kellers Harvard years. Macy comes from one of the families that founded Nantucket.
Besides that this event has more to do with the lack of railroad and its infrastructure being in ruins. Its a cover for the Reset and Repopulation of America. Detroit is an Old World artifact bc of its position on the Great Lakes, its railroad system was in need of repairs so this scripted event was used to explain away the destruction and get new stuff. There is no record anywhere ever of construction, only repairing a pre-existing system with some modifications and new lengths added.
That Oliver Macys bio admits he went to work for the Michigan County Railroad in Detroit in the late 1850’s is saying a lot to the few people that understand its significance. The MCRR had just come out of a precedent setting case in which a group of locals took action against the Railroad syndicate over their refusal to pay for livestock run over by the train, while this is too far astray from our story line it would serve well to one day be revisited with a critical eye. While this is an interesting case to pull apart other than providing a backdrop for the childhood John Albert Macy was born into, I can’t justify expending an amount of energy on this case. The first railroad was owned by the state of Michigan. The syndicate members in the capitol bankrupted the state in order to sell the railroad so they could buy it back from themselves as a private business. This was the birth of the Michigan Central Railroad. Basically, the Railroad burnt down their own station, more accurately it was already burnt, faked the death of the main agitator, and locked up the real opposition. Business as usual
Heres the official cover story:
- The leading characters were all of the New England families. Conspirators, lawyers, the judge was a Pratt, the investors, the politicians… All from wealthy New England merchant families. This is reason enough for me to know how the whole thing played out
- The media frenzy was used fear porn and manipulation tactics to justify increased police forces curfews and travel restrictions. Victimize the railroad so all of a sudden the focus was not on all the livestock being killed that the owner still wasn’t getting compensated for.
- Explain the destruction and wasted train engines and stations. The narrative says this incident was used as an excuse for rr owners to build massive stone fortress-type stations after their wooden ones were burnt down, I say there was no wooden ones and the stone fortresses were pre-existing.
- Used to round up real potential threats to the RR. Mixed in with the actors from the families were all the leading anti-railroad movement. At the end half were set free and half were sentenced to hard labor. Real opposition was removed.
- The man charged with the actual arson of the depot, coincidentally the same guy that ran the counterfeit and prostitution ring conveniently died before trial. The ringleader of the conspirators also died before trial was over, creating a martyr i.e., false idol. He had been there years in advance laying the groundwork.
- The trial itself was a mockery. Sure, the RR had unlimited resources, money and influence. The investors and bankers and lawyers of the RR are also the judges and governors and congressmen of the territory. Venue changes, rights violated. The supposed deaths of several accused while in custody. ‘Innocent until proven guilty’.
- The defense attn. was jew Sen. Seward imported from NYC Seward’s involvement is a flag in itself as he was supposedly attacked by a Booth co-conspirator the night of Lincolns staged assassination.
- Fire seemed to be an Modus Operandi. of MCRR. There were several fires in the 1850’s aside from the arson. These fires were written up as accidents but there are no accidents dealing with these groups, they were setting their own stuff on fire or it was already burnt.
- Change of venue was allowed, A RR investor was also a member of the House of Reps. He created a brand-new law just to make it possible for the trial to be moved to the right jurisdiction where the show was to be held. The defense attorney agreed to the move, even though the original jurisdiction was favorable.
- The RR admitted to using a paid informant network of spies and double agents who admitted they didn’t know what side they were working for all the time.
- This intelligence network supposedly also happened to uncover a counterfeit and prostitution ring by coincidence. There was an awful amount of money being thrown around to people not used to folding money, it was as fake as the trial. The prostitution ring was just to sex things up for the narrative.
- Set the stage for a much larger production later. This was contained in one state. The post-war anti-railroad movement and Granger laws were a few years later and involved multiple states. This was the runner up. That’s another pattern we identified. A smaller production is played out before the grand finale’
- The first news stories are not consistent. With each other or with the official court documents.
- Public resentment caused the RR to pardon some of the innocent, and even pay restitution money for time and trouble. They admit this was to quell outcry and prevent more anti-rail sentiment, which was still heavy bc they had still avoided paying for the livestock killed by trains, then any sense of moral duty.
- The ringleader is memorialized in statue. Marble instead of bronze this time but close enough.
- One thing the incident did was co-opt the term ‘Railroad Conspiracy’. Algorithms ensure all traffic trying to research the real conspirators head on are brought to this case.
This is the backstory on why Oliver was the first Macy to leave Nantucket in 200 years. That’s why I included it, not bc its interesting and should have its own light, but it’s another piece of the puzzle. When the Macy clan arrived in Detroit, the dust had settled and changes were underway, at least in the public eye. The case was in 1851, Macy arrived in 57. Laws were changed and the monopoly was broken up. At least in the public eye. Now that we have a proper intro, we can see the role Macy played in the HKP.
His bio says he was reared by modest standards and entered Harvard on a partial scholarship. Sure, I bet the son of an officer of the railroad company with roots in the whale oil industry grew up in a modest household.